Parental Workforce Funding and Support
Angus Council, along with Angus Local Employability Partnership, is committed to developing, supporting and promoting Angus as a thriving and inclusive economic community, to make Angus a great place to live, work and visit.
Parental Workforce Funding & Support is available to help individuals meet their full employment potential.
Parents in Angus can apply for a grant of up to £3500 per person, to help them grow and develop your skills, or to become self employed (eligibility criteria applies).
In addition to funding, a parental employability key worker will work alongside you to support you in your development.
Businesses in Angus who employ parents can utilise this funding and support to help employees develop skills that will help them progress in the workplace and support the business to grow.
For those in work, we aim to support employers to retain staff as well as supporting people to move to improved job situations.
Individuals are eligible for Parental Workforce Funding and Support if they meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Lone parent
- Parent aged under 25
- Parent of a child with disability
- Large family (with 3 or more children)
- Youngest child is under 1 year old
What can the funding be used for?
Parental Workforce Funding can be used for the following;
- Training and qualifications
- Travel to and from training
- Essential equipment
- £500 towards digital equipment and a MIFI device to facilitate flexible working arrangements (this would be the property of the employee not employer)
- Help to start your own business
You can contact a Skills Adviser by calling 01307 492039. The team can also be contacted via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.