Support from Youth Business Scotland for young people starting a businessVictoria Gibbons
Youth Business Scotland works with 18 to 30-year-olds to turn big ideas into a business reality through their Enterprise programme. From training and mentoring support to funding and resources.
The Youth Business Scotland (formerly the Prince’s Scottish Youth Business Trust) offers finance and support to young people living in Scotland to help them set up and run their own business. They can help if you’re aged between 18 and 25 (or up to 30 if you have a disability), are planning or already running your own business and are unable to get funding from anyone else.
YBS support and funding
Youth Business Scotland offers a wide range of services to help young people set up and run their own business.
Grants and loans
Youth Business Scotland offers a range of grants and loans, including:
- start-up grants of up to £1,000
- test marketing grants of up to £250 to help you carry out market research to test the viability of your business idea
- low-interest loans of up to £5,000
- development loans of up to £10,000 to help grow existing businesses that have already received Youth Business Scotland funding
- accelerator loans of up to £25,000 to fund major development and high growth Youth Business Scotland supported businesses
- Help, advice and support
- Youth Business Scotland can also provide you with:
Advice and Support
- pre-start training and advice
- business planning advice
- a business mentor for at least two years
- networking opportunities with other young businesses
- bookkeeping training and a free bookkeeping system
- opportunities to attend exhibitions and events
- access to business competitions
- PR opportunities
Find out more: https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/support-starting-business