Seafood Business Improvement ProgrammeGillian Black
Are you an onshore seafood business looking for support to train and upskill you and your team? Seafood Scotland has been granted £100k funding to assist businesses which are looking to build, following the impact of the last two years.
Working with our programme partners – Skills Development Scotland and the National Transition Training Fund – you will receive a bespoke training plan to meet the needs of your business, your ambition and your team.
The funded training can be delivered in a variety of ways to suit your needs; from flexible, self-completed online modules to guided courses delivered virtually by expert tutors.
There are four key areas of training available:
1. Upskilling and multiskilling staff – training for employees and teams
- Seafood-specific courses, including knife skills, fish quality assessment and fish frier and monger training
- Business support, which covers product innovation, customer service and human resources
- Marketing and development, including customer insight, digital and social media and web design
2. Business improvement and management development training.
- Business planning, which includes elements such as strategy and leadership, financial planning and management and succession planning,
- Support to move to new business models such as e-commerce, retailing and exporting
3. Career recruitment and retention toolkits for businesses
- Helping you develop recruitment and retention policies for your business.
4. Process automation and business implications
- Understanding what automation is and what it could do for your business
- Auditing processing and manufacturing developments
- Making businesses investor ready
5. Women in Seafood in Scotland
- Return to work programmes
- Networking opportunities
To register for the Seafood Business Improvement Programme, or to find out more information, email email@example.com